Thursday, March 10, 2011

Too fast



I can't believe my little man is six months old! When I think about how long I dreamed about him, prayed for him, prepared for him, it is strange that I can barely remember what life felt like before he was mine. What comes with his bullet train of a life is that all the things I told myself I was going to do to document his life I've already missed out on. When was his first smile? Yeah, I don't know, I was too busy praying to God for sleep and sanity. When was his first laugh? ehh, I probably have a date on the video right?

That being said, I'm going to start posting monthly *fingers crossed* a little update about what he is doing right now. So here we go:

Everett is six months old. Right now he is so eager to be able to get somewhere, ANYWHERE, and start discovering the world around him. Gone are the days when we can leave him on the couch with a few toys around him and he will play contentedly. Now you look away for two seconds and he is lunging for the ground with no inhibition or care for his little body that I worked VERY hard on thank you very much.

He is teething so he is constantly chewing on anything he can get his hands on. My favorite thing he does right now is grab my face and suck on my cheeks with full abandon. I know it's not real, but I can't help but feel that these are his early "kisses." Sometimes he sucks and bites and grabs so hard it feels like he is going to hit jawbone. But I kind of love it. He also likes to give you little love pats on your arm while you are holding him. He is a sweet boy who is quick to smile, and absolutely LOVES dogs, particularly his own.

His first food was rice cereal, and he quickly passed that up for pears, peaches, apples, bananas, and peas. He is starting to grab the spoon out of my hand when I try and feed him and isn't happy unless I let him "help" me feed him. Oh boy. I love him. He is perfect and fun and happy and mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment